We are Richland
One, a leader in transforming lives through education, empowering all students
to achieve their potential and dreams.
7:25 a.m. - 2:25 pm
Students arriving after the
at 7:25 am
must report to the office
with a parent/guardian.
Box Tops for Education
Turn in by Oct. 31!
Red Ribbon Week
A theme for each day of Red Ribbon Week is listed below and different activities will be planned throughout the week as we celebrate living healthy and staying drug-free.
- Monday - Set a "PAWS" TIVE example! Do an act of kindness for someone during the day.
- Tuesday - The Healthy Choice for All of Me: Taking care of body, mind, emotions & spirit. Hang our school "Choice Chain."
- Wednesday - With Healthy Choices I can be ANYTHING I want to be! Dress like your future career.
- Thursday - Wear Red Day. Wear all the red you can. (Red Ribbons will be given out this day)
- Friday - Spirit Day. As a Brockman Bear, Set a "PAWS" TIVE example! Do an act of kindness for someone during the day.
One Warm Coat Project
Our School Improvement Council is sponsoring a special service learning experience to celebrate Brockman's 15th anniversary as a Montessori school. Bring in your gently used coats for kids and adults between Nov. 3 - Nov. 21 and the coats will be distributed to local agencies to meet the needs of children and families in transition and crisis.
You are invited to join us for Thanksgiving lunch on the following dates.
- Monday, Nov. 17th (Primary students & families)
Tuesday, Nov. 18th (Lower El students & families)
Wednesday, Nov. 19th (Upper El students & families)
Please click on the link below for more information and to RSVP.
Green Team News
We are participating in the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade again this year. Please help us raise money for Brockman as well as recycle items that would otherwise end up in landfills. Bring in hair gel tubes and caps, soap/lotion dispensers, lip balm/gloss tubes, mascara tubes, foundation bottles, etc. Please note that we cannot accept aerosol cans, nail polish or nail polish remover bottles.
Brockman is now a
SC BREATHEBETTER School
Breathe Better is an anti-idling/clean air campaign. The goal is to protect the health of children by reducing harmful vehicle emissions around school campuses.
Please click here for more information.
Brockman is a recipient of the
2013 Bronze Award
for the Alliance for a
Healthy Schools Program.
This is a national recognition award
for creating a healthy school
environment that promotes
physical activity and healthy
eating among students and staff.
Way to go Brockman!